Friday 20 April 2012

I'm living out my dream!

When I arrived in Halifax I needed to rent a car. Usually I make a booking but didn’t this time. I just walked to a rental desk, a company that I always use. They had two cars left. One was way too big for me and the other one made me smile. The lady at the desk suggested that I would go to the next desk (other company) but I said: “No thanks, I take the little one. I’ve always wanted to try Fiat 500!” It looked so small on the parking lot with other bigger vehicles that I almost felt sorry for it. But it’s cute and handy and I feel I’m living out my dream when driving it.

When shopping (I don’t shop very often) I go to the same stores I always go; I use the same hair dresser, the same car rental company etc. I’m a loyal customer I could say. You may call me archaic or dull and maybe I am. I just don’t like shopping.

I’m not in to church shopping either. “Church shopping” is a phrase that is used for the process when people are trying to find a church or faith community they like. They visit several churches comparing them to find out which one offers what they need or want or where they can feel at home. I’ve never done that. Have you? Please, tell me about your church shopping experiences!

I serve and belong to a small church compared to many other denominations and churches. It’s like my little rental vehicle; it does not have all the fancy features and accessories yet it makes me smile and feel I’m living out my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment